Monday, January 05, 2015

Angel favours!!



I created these favours for the Christmas Dinner for my family on Boxing Day!!  My daughter found these little angel ornaments on her vacation this summer and thought they would be great for the favours.  I agreed and started brainstorming ideas!!  The angels had twine hangers sticking out of their heads and nothing I thought up seemed to work with that feature so I decided to remove the hangers.  With a good swift tug, most came out clean.  Others, needed more convincing but eventually complied.  I filled the holes and painted them over with white paint.  That was better!!!  I decided that a round ornament would work well as a favour and could then be displayed on the tree in future years.  I have several on my tree from previous years where my sisters offered up ornaments as favours.  A 2.75" circle was sufficient to frame the angels so I cut them from a variety of red glittery decorative paper.  I layered the red circles onto white scalloped circles - both were cut with Nestibilities.  I did add a white crochet cotton loop between the two layers to accommodate a hanger.  I used GOOP to glue the angels to the circles.  I seriously considered adding glitter to the scallops and in the end decided that simple and elegant was a better choice and left them as is.   I added a circle on the back with year & event info and added a name tag to each one to indicate everyone's seat for our meal.  I am very happy with the way they turned out and I hope everyone will remember the fun of this Christmas when they add the ornament to their trees as the years go by.  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments