Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Red ornaments on glittered snow!


I would like to say that I have been inspired by the snow of recent days for these cards but I created the background paper and picked out the ornament punchies over a week ago!!  I created the background paper by rubbing dimensional snow paint from a jar onto white cardstock with my finger until it was completely coated and left it to dry. The ornament punchies (SU) are some that I received in a prize from one of my groups. I loved the red colour with the little bit of glitter they had so I thought they would look great on my glittery snow backgrounds. I trimmed my backgrounds to 4" x 5.25" and embossed them with Christmas embossing folders (SX CB).  I punched several leaf branch punchies (MS) from green cardstock and added silver cord hangers to my ornaments.  I positioned the  ornaments on my background first and adhered them with a little strip of 3D foam tape and then positioned the branch punchies so that they could be made to look like they were hanging from them by drawing a black line (Sharpie) between the two.  I glued the branches on with white glue using a fine tip applicator and added a stitch using green thread to ensure that they would not fall off as the card was handled.  I then glued this layer to a white card front!!  Pretty happy with how these worked out!!  I made two of each which adds four to my Christmas card stash for this holiday season!!  That brings my total to 82 from the 78 I had after I made these elf shoe ones.   I have one more sheet of snowy glitter paper so I will have to come up with a design for four more!!
Have you started your Christmas cards??  I have been making a few every month so that they will be ready by the time I need them.  It is not too late!!  You can start today and have fun making them over the next couple of months!!

Therese

2 comments:

  1. Therese,
    That little MS branch punchie really does the job well!

    Sylvia
    www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the "simplicity" of these cards, even though they are not simple at all! Haven't even thought of Christmas yet. I better get on to it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments