Saturday, June 07, 2014

Square anniversary card with doily

This month's card swap on AFTCM is to make a square card that includes hearts and a doily.  Again, I went looking in my stash to find the doilies I knew should be there.  Yeah! I found them in the second box I looked in!!
I cut the paper doily in half and found the background paper on my desk.  It is a colour printed background I created when I was working on these wedding cards.  I found some cardstock that coordinated and cut it to 5.5" x 8.5", scored it at 5.5" and folded it.  I cut a scrap from the other piece, laid it butting against the back flap, placed double sided tape over the joint and added a square of white on the inside for writing on.  I trimmed the decorative paper to 5.25" square and glued it to the front of my card after I had sponged the edges just a bit.  I sponged the edge of the paper doily as well and used double sided tape to adhere it over the decorative paper.   I found a piece of grosgrain ribbon in my stash that was the right colour, flagged the ends by folding it in half and snipping diagonally from the fold to the corner and adhered it in place over the edge of the doily using double sided tape.  I punched two hearts (SU), sponged their edges and embossed them with a vintage floral embossing folder (SU). They seemed too plain so I went looking into my "hearts bin" and found these printed hearts (3peas font) that would be perfect.  I trimmed them to their edges, watercoloured them with pink Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet) and glued them to the embossed hearts.  Much better!!  I adhered the two hearts over the ribbon using 3D foam tape.  I sponged the punchie greeting (SU Large Oval) and layered it over an oval I cut with a small oval Nestibility.  I like that it is an uneven layer below the greeting.  I added the layered greeting to my card front with 3D foam tape.
Very happy with the way this card worked out!!  I don't often think to use paper doilies. I have the other half on my desk and should make a point of incorporating it into another card soon!!

Therese

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Therese. Love that doily. I thought at first that you had used a dry embossing folder on it as I have never seen fancy paper doilies like that one.

    ReplyDelete

  2. This card arrived in my mail box today and it is every bit as nice as it looks on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments