Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bridal shower - cards for a gift

I created a dozen of these cards as a gift for my cousin's fiance who is having a shower very soon!!  I used some blue and taupe shimmery decorative paper and glued it to a white layer.  I pressed them under weight to get them to lie flat and then die cut them with the smallest Decorative Label die (SU).  I cut them all differently so each card would be unique.  I tied white vintage seam binding on one of the sides using a double knot and added a triple layered flower embellishment in the opening with 3D foam tape.  The flower embellishments have two white silk flowers and one mini flower punchie in kraft adhered together using a tiny white brad.
I made them thinking that on these occasions people are often in need of Thank you cards but did not put any greetings on them in case they get used for something else.  This gal is very organized so I would not be surprised if she was already prepared with what she needed though if the shower is a surprise she may very well appreciate the cards.

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Lovely set of cards Therese! I think she would enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments