Monday, February 24, 2014

Quilted look Christmas cards

 A few Christmas cards for my stash!!  I found the supplies for these six cards in a box of miscellaneous supplies that got packed out of a drawer when we moved.  I noticed the box a while back and decided today I should check and see what was in it.  Lo and behold, I had almost all the supplies already cut for these.  I had previously taped several strips of cardstock side by side and trimmed them down to one inch.  I alternated the squares so the colours would be askew, taped the strips together and die cut a label from them using the Ornamental Die (TH).
I embossed each one with a different embossing folder, sponged the edges with brown, added a length of glittery red rick rack and mounted it to a stippled kraft card front.  The greetings (when scrap hits the fun) were already laser printed so I punched out six of them with a 1.25" punch (SU), layered then onto red 1 3/8" punchies (SU) and then onto green scalloped circle punchies (SU).  I mounted the greetings to the card front using 3D foam tape.
There are a few more supplies for Christmas cards in the box, which I will use this year and the rest of the "stuff" will be filed accordingly into my plastic drawers.
I am happy to have made a few more cards for February!!  These were very quick considering that the supplies were almost all ready to go!!  That brings my total to 34 for this year!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments