Monday, February 17, 2014

Coffee themed card

Morning coffee - nothing better!! For a swap I am participating in I needed to create a coffee or tea themed card that featured a cup!  I acquired this coffee cup stamp (Stamp Barn) years ago and it is still an image I love to use!!  I stamped it on coffee themed vellum, gold embossed it and cut it out using an oval framelit (SX) which I recently acquired while on vacation.  I added colour on the back using water based markers to give it subtle colour.  Using the largest label framelit from the same set of dies, I cut the brown layer from a paper bag which I painted with coffee (instant and a bit of water), stamped some coffee beans (Pink Cat) on the bottom edge and embossed it using a swirl embossing folder (TH).  I layered the two die cuts, inserted a distressed laser printed greeting and sewed on a chipboard button using gold embroidery thread. I layered this element to an embossed maroon layer and used tiny gold staples to adhere all the layers together.  I flattened the tines of the staples using my hammer and glued this piece to my dark brown card front.  
On the scan the cup seems a bit askew which is not as obvious in real life but may be just a tiny bit.  I am happy with the look of my card and really like all the layers.
Just a note, Frogs Whiskers from Campbellford, ON have acquired Stamp Barn and feature all of the stamps on their website.
My card is on its way to my swap partner tomorrow!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments