Monday, September 30, 2013

Series of cards using same supplies

 I found supplies for a set of cards in my stash a while back and they have been sitting on my desk begging to be made up so yesterday I got started.  I laid out all the pieces - card fronts in several different colours, trimmed decorative paper and pieces for layered flowers. No idea what the original sketch was so I decided to see if I could make each one with a different layout. I made a few sketches and here are the first four I made.
I stamped the pink card front with my Worn background stamp  (SU) in pink, layered on my decorative paper and added a punched border (SU) overlapping the top edge.  I embossed my large white flower (SU) and layered on several punchies to create a center.  I found this little punchie greeting in my stash which worked perfectly.  I stamped another word background stamp (SU) several times in several different colours and cut out the words to be used on my cards.  This one features "Friendship".  First time I use this stamp.  I really like the look of those words.

On this card I cut my decorative paper into four squares and layered them over three green rectangles I had already added to my card front.  I had two little pieces of decorative paper left over so I flipped them over to the pink side and glued them down on the right and left of the center section.  I added a punched border (SU) in white, my layered flower accent and another cut out word from my stamped background (SU).  Happy with this layout - quite different than my usual!!
For this card I stamped the green card front with my "worn" background stamp (SU) in green, layered on a piece of white vellum trimmed down to leave an even border and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.  I cut my decorative paper diagonally and glued the two piece over the vellum.  I added my layered flower accent to the middle section and another cut out word to the lower left hand side.
This card features a yellow card front stamped with my stipple stamp (SU) in green ink.  I cut my decorative paper in four and glued the pieces into the four corners over a rectangle of green which I had glued to the center of my card front.  I added a punched border (SU) both horizontally and vertically and then glued down my large flower accent along with another cut out word.  Loving those words!!

I have enjoyed challenging myself to use different sketches for these cards!  It is good to think outside of the box every once in a while and see what we can do creatively.

There are more to come as there are still supplies sitting on my desk!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments