Saturday, June 02, 2012

Cardmaking - All Occasions - wedding & more

These were the last set of cards we made this morning!!  I always have a quick and easy card for the last one because everyone is getting antsy and ready to get on with their day.
I chose four images from WP Clipart - a wedding cake, a fern, a baby carriage and a bouquet of tulips which created cards appropriate for a wedding or anniversary, a masculine birthday or a sympathy card, the birth of a child and could be customized by colouring the carriage either blue or pink and a get well or spring birthday card.  An embossed background, a seambinding with a simulated bow and a layered image.  I did not add colour to the wedding cake leaving it until I actually use the card so I can customize it to the recipient.  I may consider simply adding some sparkle using a clear Sakura StarDust gel pen instead of adding any colour.
I do so enjoying sharing my enthusiasm for cardmaking with like minded people!!  It blesses so many people, me as I create the card kits and teach the class, the participants as they create the cards and add a bit of themselves as they do and the recipients of these lovely creations.  If the card is resused, it is a blessing yet one more time.  Thrifty Tip:  Use plain paper inserts on the inside of your cards and simply glue them with one little strip of glue on the inside front near the fold.  This allows the insert you have written on to be removed and replaced with a new one and the card reused!!  Here is a tutorial on making envelopes so you can send that refurbished card on its way!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments