Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cardmaking - March - restructured paper

For our second card last night we used  restructured paper  for the background!!  I love the look of this paper!!
I also provided a silver foil frame die cut (SX) which, as you can see in the photo, could be used in several different ways.  I sanded the one on the right before I embossed it which gives it a more subtle look.  We punched our back layer for the greeting from the middle of the large oval (NS) layer before we added our coloured image.  These are digital images from Melonheadz Illustrations.  They are cute and whimsical yet have a lot of graphic quality to them.  The ribbon is just a bit off white so it would coordinate with the restructured paper.  To get the right colour I dyed white ribbon using tumeric - yes, the spice!!  Very cool, and gave me just the yellowy off white colour I needed.  Assembled all the elements on a black card front.  The card on the right is for my son who just got a new job!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments